Meat is Great
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-Alex-Art-

3 posters

Go down

-Alex-Art- Empty -Alex-Art-

Post by ErithacusRou Thu May 29, 2014 8:07 pm

So I have decided to make my own thread for art here since we had a couple more people doing it and I like feeling special. ;v;

I posted this recent commission a while back in the main thread:

-Alex-Art- Ec000010

I'm also a dumb cheeseball so I draw mine and my boyfriend's characters a lot:

-Alex-Art- Gem_rou_by_erithacusrou-d7cfjws
-Alex-Art- Smooch11

I also really like making character references

-Alex-Art- Takare10
-Alex-Art- Chimer10

and doing detail

-Alex-Art- Wweh10

and vector work.

-Alex-Art- G___taka___young_gryphon___1_by_reikimurasaki_ookami-d4tyhhe

even if they take a lot of time.

I've got a gallery here to view these full-sized (that pokemon one is hella detailed but it's hard to see when it's resized).

Last edited by ErithacusRou on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ErithacusRou
ErithacusRou

https://sites.google.com/site/erithacuscreations/

Back to top Go down

-Alex-Art- Empty Re: -Alex-Art-

Post by RCus Sat May 31, 2014 5:31 am

Holy fuck, these are excellent. I love the design of the second drawing, he's so cool looking. Antlers are awesome. The very last one is gorgeous, I love the details and the contrast. It really leads the eye through and for some reason I just love the composition.

My only critique is just a personal thing honestly. The Pokemon, particularly the glameow(that's the one right? I can't remember) is really jarring because of the realistic detailing but super cartoony face. It's a huge clash of styles and I'm just not feeling it; it doesn't seem resolved.
RCus
RCus
Admin

https://tranburgers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ErithacusRou Sat May 31, 2014 3:57 pm

I've always been so happy about the last one haha. Vectors are hard but time consuming and I guess I just like being a jerk to myself haha. whatever the image hosting site for the forum is REALLY hated it though. And the full version of the first one.

The Pokemon piece is a collab actually (I forgot to mention that) so the cartoony parts weren't a decision on my behalf, but I may have gone like. a little. maybe WAY overboard with detail. Haha. Looking at it now it's a little...weird I guess? I definitely see where you're coming from though. It's hard for me to not project realism on everything. Cutesy isn't my forte, really.

Thanks for the crit though!
ErithacusRou
ErithacusRou

https://sites.google.com/site/erithacuscreations/

Back to top Go down

Post by clairakitty Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:37 am

Those are really cool!! The anatomy and coloring are really good, and the second one is just AWESOME. The shading, the design, it's just overall really well done. You're a good artist Smile
clairakitty
clairakitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum