Meat is Great
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARTSY RC!!

3 posters

Go down

ARTSY RC!! Empty ARTSY RC!!

Post by RCus Thu May 22, 2014 9:01 am

Motherfucking art
Motherfucking art
Motherfucking art
Motherfucking art

MOTHER
FUCKING
ART

"So I can find art here?"
Sit your ass down for the answer: Hell yeah. But only RC's art because fuck you.

BECAUSE GUESS WHAT. I want to post my art on its own thread. Not because it's great or anything, but because I want critique and don't want to clutter the collective drawing thread. I better get you fuckers tearing me apart. Knock me down a peg. Knock me down 10 pegs.

IF YOU WANT YOUR OWN THREAD TOO MAKE IT AND DON'T BE SHY COMRADES

YOU DESERVE IT

YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO ACCEPT CRITIQUE

JUST SPOIL YOURSELF

But not here because it's mine

ARTSY RC!! Comic_preview_by_rcgoesrawr-d5xbjiu
I did a comic that was embarassing as fuck but this is a good page to show

ARTSY RC!! Tumblr_mszwm3Cctn1r72v78o1_1280
Fuckin' rad deer boy of mine drawn in a less than perfect way WHICH YOU SHOULD POINT OUT THE FLAWS

ARTSY RC!! Tumblr_n5pppuE8oB1s9r0i0o3_1280
Woah look at this badass sculpture of an OC I made. It even has extra shots. Fuckin' ace.

"But anyone can make sculptures out of clay, what's so cool about you?"

Fuck your attitude, but you ain't seen shit. I make art with whatever I got.

ARTSY RC!! Tumblr_n5pq6yabJd1s9r0i0o1_1280
Like this binder tab and tape fish.

ARTSY RC!! Tumblr_n1zm6rqBU01r72v78o1_1280
Or these rad silicone caulk cats

ARTSY RC!! Tumblr_n5pq936xZj1s9r0i0o1_1280
Or this fucking cardboard stingray

When I'm feeling badass, I go to a local pen shop and doodle in their notepads:
ARTSY RC!! Tumblr_n0uv1xAs4P1s9r0i0o1_1280
RCus
RCus
Admin

https://tranburgers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ARTSY RC!! Empty Re: ARTSY RC!!

Post by shaymin Thu May 22, 2014 12:50 pm

oh man, that last one is so cute. i love sketches more then finished work, i think, since it shows so much of the artists personality.
do you like bugs? cuz i do.
i like the first image and the cardboard stingray too! i think i might have to try to mess around with cardboard and stuff.

also: a sorta-critique for the deer boy. try using slightly thicker lines and more varying lineweight. its really hard to pull off really thin linework, you have to be a fucking Master at coloring. the head seems off balance, before you do lineart or anything, try flipping the image to better see what mistakes youve made.
shaymin
shaymin

Back to top Go down

Post by RCus Thu May 22, 2014 8:19 pm

By the way, I also made a game that's meant to help explain what being trans is like to cis people. I consider it a Trans Life Simulator, where you play as a transperson of either mtf, ftm, or nonbinary(passive or aggressive) either direction. It's largely based of what I've experienced and read, and I may make another game in the same vein. It was for a game jam last semester, way before I had heard of truscum debate. Playing it again, I don't think I would change it very much. Although I did it in 36 hours, I think its pretty good and I hope you like it! TRIGGER WARNING FOR POTENTIAL SLURS, VIOLENCE, A POSSIBLE HATE CRIME, AND MISGENDERING. There are several different paths, and I recommend playing it several times because it's quick and there are several variations and circumstances.

If you would like to play, but are scared of running into the worse endings,
Spoiler:
RCus
RCus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RCus Thu May 22, 2014 8:43 pm

shaymin wrote:oh man, that last one is so cute. i love sketches more then finished work, i think, since it shows so much of the artists personality.
do you like bugs? cuz i do.
i like the first image and the cardboard stingray too! i think i might have to try to mess around with cardboard and stuff.

also: a sorta-critique for the deer boy. try using slightly thicker lines and more varying lineweight. its really hard to pull off really thin linework, you have to be a fucking Master at coloring. the head seems off balance, before you do lineart or anything, try flipping the image to better see what mistakes youve made.

BUGS ARE MY LIFE FORCE FLIES AND MOTHS AND MOTHS AFSDFSDJKDS I am glad you find my bugs pleasing THEY MAKE ME HAPPY TOO. I was using the fanciest of pens and it just felt sooo good audgjkd

Heh, it's funny you bring up line weight becuae for that one I started with the goal of having super thin, mostly uniform line width. I should have been less arrogant.  :P I did screw up his neck, and I should have fixed it once it was scanned or even before. It's bothering me now aughh I had written it off. I usually do the flip but because it was in a place without mirrors I didn't bother. Shame on me. <<

RCus
RCus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shonji Fri May 23, 2014 10:24 pm

YASSS YOU POSTED YOUR ART!!

Oh man do people actually say that with sculpture? I have nothing but respect for people who can sculpt. XD Sculpture so hard. Even painting sculpture is impossible for me.

The card board stuff is pretty cool! There was a boy at my high school who would actually make full functional armor out of cardboard and wear it to class. It was extremely cool. xD

Your deer boy is so adorable as well! Those freckles. <3 If you wanna keep the line art thin but still add line variation, try leaving small tapered gaps/breaks in the line work where there would be less shadow and then solid lines where there would be most shadow. It will still give you very thin line work, but be much more dynamic. :3

Also I would be careful of making sure the figure doesn't slant on an angle. I feel like the deer boy might be slightly skewed toward the right. That happens to me a lot when I work traditionally, especially if you are like me and hold your paper at an angle lol. ;_;
Shonji
Shonji

http://shonjikari.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RCus Sat May 24, 2014 5:11 am

Duude. Sculpting is literally the easiest medium for me. I have no idea why. That was the second figure I ever sculpted, with this being the first:
ARTSY RC!! Tumblr_n1zmbuolQ91s9r0i0o1_1280

The crazy thing is, I like my sculptures sooo much more than my drawings/other 2d things. It's frustrating as hell bc I spend 85% of my art-making on drawings pffff.

I need to work more with carboard. I hoard the stuff but rarely use it sigh. I'm not sure what I would even need to make armor but I do want to make some horns ewe

As for the deer boy, I'm glad you like his freckles, I spent a while getting them right because they're my favorite part of his design. I wish I had used a different monitor though, as on newer ones he looks sunburnt. << I'm going to try the breaking up of lines next time then! I sort of did it around his vest, but it could definitely have benefited from more of that.

YEAH I KNOW AUGH I always tilt my paper and worse, sometimes I put my head on the drawing surface haha piss poor posture sob But then drawing with a tablet without scanning in a sketch is damn near impossible sighhh
RCus
RCus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaymin Sat May 24, 2014 6:13 pm

holy!! that game was really good... i should show it to friends who dont understand what its like.
also, youre fucking hella at sculpture!!! im so bad it makes me cry. put ur talents to use >:O!! build a portfolio and show people ur works!!
shaymin
shaymin

Back to top Go down

Post by RCus Sat May 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Aaas thank you!! If I could sculpt for a living I would be the happiest but that's not going to happen ever so yay graphic design and animation type stuff haha

I sort of have a portfolio at RCsOrdinaryArt but I don't post nearly enough stuff. I'm really shy about my art and even when I like something I wait like 6 months to upload it to make sure I won't regret it //shot

I'm glad you like the game! I want to share it with everyone but I can't actually sigh.. The worst reaction I got was "why does it think I'm a man? I told it I'm a girl and it thinks I have a penis???" Like wtf come on ITS ABOUT TRANS PEOPLE YOU SHOULD HAVE FIGURED THAT OUT BY NOW fucking cis people sometimes SIGHHH
RCus
RCus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum