Meat is Great
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

post your art!

+7
Mangoes
Godscum
cinnamoroll
Shonji
shaymin
RCus
STUTLER
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

post your art! Empty post your art!

Post by STUTLER Sat May 17, 2014 7:24 pm

******************ADMIN EDIT************************
I AM ENCOURAGING YOU TO MAKE YOUR OWN ART THREAD RIGHT NOW.
IT'LL MAKE IT EASIER TO CRITIQUE AND FOCUS ON YOU!
OF COURSE IF YOU REALLY WANT TO YOU CAN POST HERE BUT... PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING YOUR OWN THREAD.

there's a lot of artists on here and i'm starting the topic for it.

post your favorite art pieces!!

post your art! Junk_drawer_by_stutler-d6r64h7
(made in paint tool sai and photoshop.)

post your art! Hoese_by_stutler-d6psp4o
(made in paint tool sai.)

post your art! Cat_by_stutler-d7hl90d
(japanese notan, made by cutting out black construction paper and pasting it on white paper. RIP cat lanen, my partner in crime.)

post your art! Fuck11
(photoshop. still a WIP.)

post your art! _fff8e7_by_stutler-d70dm45
(photoshop. my fursona)
STUTLER
STUTLER

http://stutler.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

post your art! Empty Re: post your art!

Post by RCus Sat May 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Woah, these are rad!i really love the first one the colors and composition just really appeal to me. You really like stars too, eh? :3 I can't figure out what species your fursona is, though. A rat..? But with facial markings?

You know, I think everyone should get their own art thread. Some of y'all are really talented so you should get your own limelight!
RCus
RCus
Admin

https://tranburgers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shaymin Sat May 17, 2014 7:43 pm

THATS AWESOME! my art isnt really that great.
heres a sketchbook page i just did
post your art! 20140517_192935
lemme pick some random doodles.
post your art! Pppllp
post your art! Alchemist1
post your art! Hamyroopost your art! Tumblr_mj0hfv_H6c_C1rdnak7o1_r1_1280
post your art! Hmhmhm

any advice would be great;;; my art is really weak
shaymin
shaymin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shonji Sat May 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Goshhhh I love these kinda threads!! I always feel so honored looking at people's art ahhhhh. Even though I am an art major and peer critique is the norm, I feel super blessed. Looking at art is such a huge part of artistic growth, just as much as drawing is.

I'll post some of my stuff, but almost everything is unfinished because I suck at finishing stuff haha u___u; Also lots of fan art because I'm tired of doing portfolio work. I'm resuming portfolio work in the fall lol.

post your art! Grrgoe10
Sketch of my OC! Her name is Macelle.

post your art! What-a10
Marcelle's twin brother, Kadin!

post your art! Notmyc10
Character design I did for a friend of mine!

Behold, lots of fan art ahead:

post your art! Armin-10
I'm such an Eremin shipper don't even talk to me about it okay.

post your art! Dumbga10
...I'm not even joking when I tell you all I have been drawing these past 2 months is dumb Eremin fan art.

post your art! Cuddly10
Have some Free! MakoHaru fan art.

post your art! Idk10
And to prove I draw things other than gay anime, have a sketch I did about gender.
Shonji
Shonji

http://shonjikari.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by STUTLER Sat May 17, 2014 9:11 pm

RCus wrote:Woah, these are rad!i really love the first one the colors and composition just really appeal to me. You really like stars too, eh? :3 I can't figure out what species your fursona is, though. A rat..? But with facial markings?

i LOVE stars and colors, they're some of my absolutely favorite things.

my fursona is actually a mouse!! but i gave him weird markings because i'm too used to drawing cats all the time(and i draw him as a cat most of the time.)

post your art! Img_1710
(i didn't want to draw the other arm)
STUTLER
STUTLER

Back to top Go down

Post by STUTLER Sat May 17, 2014 9:33 pm

I ALSO DRAW FAN ART TOO I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

look at my homestuck bullshit

post your art! Tumblr11

post your art! Dreamb10
(i drew this last year but i still like it, especially since it got over 1k notes on tumblr lmao)
STUTLER
STUTLER

Back to top Go down

Post by cinnamoroll Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 pm

post your art! BitO9yrIIAA1CYZ
post your art! Bewr07KCAAEzPsT
i found these on twitter... i don't draw much anymore anything i could actually upload from my pc would be old as shit
the mikka guy is an oc of mine other two are random doodles
cinnamoroll
cinnamoroll

http://solcosinejob2.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Godscum Sat May 17, 2014 10:01 pm

post your art! Pink_o12

This is my WIP birdie I drew (I need to practice my feathers, so I've been drawing lots of birds). It's a cockatoo of some pink sort, I don't know :L
Godscum
Godscum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangoes Sat May 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Umm umm I don't really like posting things I've posted before, cause I've been traced back to my art (I am not even popular, AT ALL) so have some unfinished mewtwo I drew at work.
post your art! Mewtwo_zps87da99c5
Mangoes
Mangoes

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrienK Sat May 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Okay... Let me try this.
post your art! 2jbup6s_th
 Embarassed 
You are all really, really talented. All of this is amazing.  Shocked 
AdrienK
AdrienK

Back to top Go down

Post by Wec Sun May 18, 2014 12:18 am

I typically don't like to showcase my finished work in the context of truscum stuff, but I do have a few things that won't see the light of day any time soon. (Or perhaps they may, but with drastic changes.)

post your art! Desk_d11
post your art! Old_oc10
post your art! 4-20_s10
Wec
Wec

http://wecwecwec.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RCus Tue May 20, 2014 4:44 am

@shaymin
Your drawings are super cute and I really love the sheep and the magical girlssss I love your style and it's slight variations in all your pieces. C:

@shonji
Your drawings are really good! You must have taken some figure drawing classes. I have to admit your shading style is a bit off putting to me but the flat coors look so awesome like holy shit. I absolutely love the MakoHaro piece. They look so solid I'm jealous aaa

@Stutler,
I think piebald mice are a thing! He reads well as. A mouse anyways and is super cute Huehuehue even if you're a filthy Homestuck <3 (your John..? The cat tailed one) is cute and I love his face/hair and the colors.

@Cinnamoroll
I think I mispelled your username but those are some cute doodles! I really like your style, it reminds me of Adventure Time mixed with anime. Mikka has a lot of bandages though. :c

@Godscum
You drew your avatar too right? You like birds a lot it seems! I like his cute lil stare. If you're practicing feathers, might I suggest using more directional brushes rather than fuzzy static looking ones? Birds are a little sleeker than the texture you've got going.

@Mangoes
I like his face so much! It's a neat interpretation of him. I'm sorry you don't feel safe posting old art here though, but I understand. :c

@AdrienK
Haha we have a winner. The art to end all art. The godliest. We really do have some great artists here! ;w; I wish everyone had their own threads so it would be easier to talk about everyone's work haha //flails

@Wek
Dude, that's some awesome stuff. I'm particularly drawn to the last one, the green one. The realism but wit colors and holy shit the shading, it's just.. It's great. I wish I could find the words to give you more valid critique. >> the highlights make his eyes look so real and wet and anforblcnd
RCus
RCus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shonji Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 am

RCus wrote:
@shonji
Your drawings are really good! You must have taken some figure drawing classes. I have to admit your shading style is a bit off putting to me but the flat coors look so awesome like holy shit. I absolutely love the MakoHaro piece. They look so solid I'm jealous aaa

AHHHH THANK YOU ; A; Omg I totally hear you on shading though. I blame it on it being digital haha. I just started digital last year. Up until then I was 100% traditional and I still have yet to figure out how the heck digital shading works. :U I'd love to hear why it's off putting to you so I know what to look out for! (tbh how I shade hair digitally annoys the heck out of me and I can't seem to figure it out buhhhh)

And yes I have! Figure drawing classes are so fun yo. Charcoal crusted nails 4 lyf. \m/
Shonji
Shonji

Back to top Go down

Post by RCus Wed May 21, 2014 6:37 pm

I haven't had the opportunity for live model drawing yet and it's so saaad. ;-; I usually use pixelovely or posemaniacs or similar sites. Which help but.. Ehhhhh. I like viewing things in person sigh. (I should upload some art soon).

For the shading thing, I think you're trying to make it waay to dark. Human skin is, given the light source, fairly low contrast. And you do need to give it the hues, but skin is more subtle than what you have. EK has a good example of semi realistic skin. I think your emphasis on both sides of the nose and the filtrum is a big part of what's throwing me off too. The relief is different, so why would the filtrum be as dark as the nose? And on the blond(I don't know much about SNK but I think Armin?), the emphasis on the bridge but not tip of the nose make it feel like two pieces. I get the feeling that you've studied bodies with way more fervor than faces, or at least how shading on them works. Like there should be some shadow under his eyes so his cheek looks more round, etc. This is a good study that focuses on digital shading on faces which may help you, and as usual DA has tons of good tuts. If you use Photoshop and just don't get it, you may have better luck with Sai because it's made to mimic physical art material. Personally I have trouble getting dark colors with Sai but that's because I like using the brush more than markers. It comes down to style and preference, I think.

As for hair, you're doing it in a rather unusual method. I color hair super stylized to uhh I can't help you there but tutorials? Just follow a few and feel it out from there. I wish tumblr had better tutorial searching methods sigh. There are some good masterposts I can dig out from my drafts if you'd like!

This is a pretty harsh critique I know but you're an art student and you asked for it, right? I hope I'm not coming off as mean. << I'm just 100% convinced you're awesome and capable of spreading that to shading.
RCus
RCus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Godscum Wed May 21, 2014 7:31 pm

post your art! Salmon12

So I drew a little sushi because A) I've never cel-shaded anything, and B) I'm hungry.
Godscum
Godscum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shonji Thu May 22, 2014 2:55 am

RCus wrote:I haven't had the opportunity for live model drawing yet and it's so saaad. ;-; I usually use pixelovely or posemaniacs or similar sites. Which help but.. Ehhhhh. I like viewing things in person sigh. (I should upload some art  soon).

For the shading thing, I think you're trying to make it waay to dark. Human skin is, given the light source, fairly low contrast. And you do need to give it the hues, but skin is more subtle than what you have. EK has a good example of semi realistic skin. I think your emphasis on both sides of the nose and the filtrum is a big part of what's throwing me off too. The relief is different, so why would the filtrum be as dark as the nose? And on the blond(I don't know much about SNK but I think Armin?), the emphasis on the bridge but not tip of the nose make it feel like two pieces. I get the feeling that you've studied bodies with way more fervor than faces, or at least how shading on them works. Like there should be some shadow under his eyes so his cheek looks more round, etc. This is a good study that focuses on digital shading on faces which may help you, and as usual DA has tons of good tuts. If you use Photoshop and just don't get it, you may have better luck with Sai because it's made to mimic physical art material. Personally I have trouble getting dark colors with Sai but that's because I like using the brush more than markers. It comes down to style and preference, I think.

As for hair, you're doing it in a rather unusual method. I color hair super stylized to uhh I can't help you there but tutorials? Just follow a few and feel it out from there. I wish tumblr had better tutorial searching methods sigh. There are some good masterposts I can dig out from my drafts if you'd like!

This is a pretty harsh critique I know but you're an art student and you asked for it, right? I hope I'm not coming off as mean. << I'm just 100% convinced you're awesome and capable of spreading that to shading.

Oh man nonono do not apologize I thrive off of critique! They are my lifeblood. And no worries about coming off as harsh. I'm fairly thick skinned when it comes to this kinda stuff since when I was in my early teens I posted on ConceptArt.org all the time for a while haha. Tbh if a critique doesn't sting a bit at best or hurt your soul at worst, it is not a good critique. Critiques ain't there to make you feel good. Razz

I definitely agree with you on the contrast. I love playing with atmospheric lighting and reflected light, and it is very easy for me to get carried away with the contrast. I'm always paranoid of my work being too low contrast and therefore looking dull. Oddly enough that was a problem I had in high school. I was always too scared push values and now it's kinda morphed into the opposite. @@;

You are absolutely right about the face, especially the nose. I couldn't figure out what was bothering me about it, but you've figured it perfectly. Good call on the cheek/eyes too. These eyes are nooooot the best eyes I have ever done, and I honestly stopped working on this picture because the eyes kept freaking me out since they looked so bug eyed. >_>; I think adding shadow like you've suggested will help remedy that, so I'm definitely going to keep that in mind for the portrait i'm doing right now as I have no desire to continue working on this one. (not because of your critique, I gave up on it/got bored about a month ago lol)

Definitely gonna check out those links. I'd love to see the hair master posts if you don't mind! If you could PM some to me that would be amazing. ; A; Unfortunately, using Sai isn't an option for me as I'm on a Mac, and I refuse to use Painter anymore since like 3 of my drawings have ended up getting corrupted files. D:<

BTW! If you haven't had the opportunity for a life drawing class, you can take a sketchbook out to a public place like a Starbucks or a park or a mall and draw people there. Obviously you can't get super detailed, but doing that is fantastic for getting gestures which is already half of the battle right there!

And yes, I'd love to see your art too! I'll give you a return critique if you want. c:

@Godscum - That sushi looks so cute omg. Sushi always looks so good, it makes me want to eat it, but I do not like sushi. Sad face. :c
Shonji
Shonji

Back to top Go down

Post by shaymin Thu May 22, 2014 1:10 pm

RCus wrote:EK has a good example of semi realistic skin.

AN EK FAN!!! Yo, i fucking love TJ and Amal so much.
shaymin
shaymin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErithacusRou Thu May 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Ahhh I am kinda shy to post art outside of personal galleries because idk maybe my subject matter isn't relevant but this is my most recent commission piece and I am really proud of it ;v;

post your art! Ec000010

Full
ErithacusRou
ErithacusRou

https://sites.google.com/site/erithacuscreations/

Back to top Go down

Post by RCus Thu May 22, 2014 5:52 pm

TJ and Amal is my second favorite webcomic after Yume. It's so fucking awesome and EK is really sweet. I met her at a con and it was so great aaaa

Erathacus, that's incredible. Your shading and atmosphere make it look so dimensional and awesome. Holy shit I have no idea why there's a cannon but idgaf that's great.
RCus
RCus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErithacusRou Thu May 22, 2014 6:01 pm

I'm so glad people can tell it's a cannon haha. It's a "party cannon" that's supposed to shoot streamers and confetti and stuff (stuff not included at the request of the commissioner). Thank you though! I've been trying to get some feedback, any feedback, for some time now!
ErithacusRou
ErithacusRou

https://sites.google.com/site/erithacuscreations/

Back to top Go down

Post by RCus Thu May 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Aww. You should make your own art thread so maybe you can get more people to see your work individually! In fact, everyone should, if they want to haha.
RCus
RCus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shonji Thu May 22, 2014 9:51 pm

ErithacusRou - mAN PEOPLE CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT BUT I LOVE FURRY ART. ; A; Furry art is so adorable and for like two years all I drew was furry art haha whoops. Dat lighting tho. <3

As far as feedback goes, the only thing that stands out to me is the pants. I feel like some of the shadow detail is weirdly placed due the folds, but doesn't really follow the form if that makes sense? It's mostly on the thighs, above the knee and below the crotch area. The only other thing i'd watch out for is the leg to thigh ratio. I mean I haven't looked at it super closely so I could be off, but I feel like the thighs are a tad too long for the legs.

Drawing people sitting on couches is hard though, especially at that angle. Eugh couches are my enemy. I hate furniture in general. I'm loving your atmosphere though. And the fact those are real games on the cases. xD; I love tiny things like that!
Shonji
Shonji

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakura Fri May 23, 2014 3:05 am

post your art! Tumblr_n5vui1wEB61tsu15go1_500

post your art! Tumblr_n5uxn258M91tsu15go4_500

post your art! Tumblr_n17dbyB5vd1tsu15go1_500

post your art! Tumblr_n5udsjUKZH1tsu15go1_250

Here you go
:3c
Bakura
Bakura

http://Gay-Manuel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrienK Fri May 23, 2014 3:08 am

Aw, that looks like Gavin and Michael.
I always pop into this thread when I see a new post and am always blown away by how amazing you all can do the drawing thing. I have a ton of respect for people who can do that.
AdrienK
AdrienK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakura Fri May 23, 2014 3:30 am

AdrienK wrote:Aw, that looks like Gavin and Michael.
I always pop into this thread when I see a new post and am always blown away by how amazing you all can do the drawing thing. I have a ton of respect for people who can do that.

Aww yes, Rooster Teeth

The one is actually a drawing of Gavin based off a friend of mines fic
I know how you feel tho, everyone is rly talented and just needs to stop
Bakura
Bakura

http://Gay-Manuel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next