Meat is Great
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone a writer

+11
clairakitty
quixote
Bakura
jei-bird
fkyrwrds
RCus
Mangoes
shaymin
cisfettucini
Toughasbro
AdrienK
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone a writer - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone a writer

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:49 am

jei-bird wrote:I enjoy writing from time to time, when my interest in drawing plateaus; mostly short stories that go hand-in-hand with larger story concepts that I have floating around in my head. One project that I've been working the longest on (approximately three years now?) eats up all the space on my iPhone, at least half of the 150 or so notes on my Notes app involve this project in some way or another. I've recently taken to writing poetry, though I don't think I'm very good since none of my poems rhyme! XD

I'm also a self-proclaimed master of the English language. Oh man do I love to write using enormous words and extremely vivid vocabulary. I could talk circles around people with my writing alone; if I spoke as coherently as I wrote, that is. Words are just so interesting to me, the way grammar fits together, sentence structures, spelling… I'm a stickler for correct English. Ask any of my friends and they'll tell you I correct their speech patterns all the time

That accidentally turned into a rant about English… XD oops, sorry!
I'm the same way! About any language I use, really.

(Also, poetry doesn't have to rhyme to be good at all. Some of the most powerful and influential poems have been blank and free verse. I come from a family of four pretty successful poets and almost all of their poetry is free verse Very Happy)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakura Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Generally I write a bit of everything from poetry to short stories, but as of late the only writing I've been able to get done is that in RP )-:

Although once I've improved my English I hope to write more in the future.
Bakura
Bakura

http://Gay-Manuel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quixote Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:39 pm

I usually write either poetry or fanfiction but I'm reticent to post them online. Once I got the guts to do it though I found out that people liked it. It's mostly about motivating myself to write than anything else.
quixote
quixote

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrienK Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:13 pm

Once I got the guts to do it though I found out that people liked it. It's mostly about motivating myself to write than anything else.
Same here. I haven't written anything in awhile that wasn't school related. :/
AdrienK
AdrienK

Back to top Go down

Post by clairakitty Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:35 am

I used to write fanfiction, but I deleted it all off of the website last year Razz I want to make a webcomic, and I want to write, but I either can't come up with ideas, or the ideas I come up with aren't interesting. Currently I'm thinking about writing a story about mermaids? Kind of based off of that tumblr post about women who die at sea becoming mermaids, so I can't really take any credit. But it's got lots of different kinds of mermaids, and lesbians. I wrote, like, the introduction for English last semester. I really need to get back to writing.
clairakitty
clairakitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm a writer. I have one published poem.

As you could expect, I mainly write poetry. But I also love essays, prose and just rambling. I just recently took a dive into fan fic. So far it's PWP smut but I've been told my descriptions are fantastic. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by TrinaryHyena Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:13 pm

Hey all!

I too am a writer, though I've been rather inactive in the fanfiction circuit. I'm into South Park and your typical paranormal fiction, especially old-school werewolves and skinwalkers!
TrinaryHyena
TrinaryHyena

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:14 pm

TrinaryHyena wrote:Hey all!

I too am a writer, though I've been rather inactive in the fanfiction circuit. I'm into South Park and your typical paranormal fiction, especially old-school werewolves and skinwalkers!

Hell yes to the old school werewolves! It truly makes me happy that someone else likes them. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietVoiceOfReason Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:03 am

Yup. I have some RP stuff online and I used to write fanfiction, but I'm working on the worldbuilding for a pretty long original story right now. (It's science fiction and on an alien planet, which means building the biology, cultures, languages, political systems, religions, etc. from scratch.)
QuietVoiceOfReason
QuietVoiceOfReason

http://quietvoiceofreason.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by transmedicalistunruhe Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:18 am

My poetry is 70% moody trash, but I've got one helluva book in the works right now. I think I decided I was going to be a writer at maybe age 8, and I wrote my first book at 11. It was talking animals-level fantasy and shameless self-insertion. I've since moved onto science fiction.
transmedicalistunruhe
transmedicalistunruhe

Back to top Go down

Post by sharper-teeth Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:56 pm

I don't write really often anymore (other than my occasional lengthy replies on the blogs), but I used to write fanfiction for things like Warriors and Naruto. I've been trying to work myself into picking them up again since I keep getting messages from people asking me to update.

I used to RP in the Naruto fandom side of tumblr reeeally often as a Neji, too. I've kinda let the blog get away from me in the past year, but in all I've been RPing for like...ten years.
sharper-teeth
sharper-teeth
Admin

http://sharper-teeth.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum